A comprehensive small-game hunting guide, perfect for hunters ranging from first-time novices to seasoned experts, with photography by renowned outdoor photographer John Hafner
Steven Rinella was raised in a hunting family and has been pursuing wild game his entire life. In this first-ever complete guide to hunting–from hunting wild game to butchering and cooking it–the host of the popular hunting show MeatEater shares his own expertise with us, and imparts strategies and tactics from many of the most experienced hunters in the United States as well.
This invaluable book includes
– recommendations on what equipment you will need–and what you can do without–from footwear to cutlery to camping gear to weapons
– basic and advanced hunting strategies for all North American small game, including drive techniques, solo and group hunting, ambush hunting, the use of hunting dogs, and techniques for decoying and calling
– how to find hunting locations, on both public and private land; how to locate areas that other hunters aren’t using; and how to make competition work in your favor
– detailed sections on furred small game, upland birds, and waterfowl, covering the biology and best hunting methods for a total of thirty small game species
– comprehensive information about hunting wild turkeys in both the spring and fall seasons
– how to master the arts of wingshooting and rifle marksmanship, and detailed information about shot placement, ammunition selection, and field maintenance of firearms and archery equipment
– instructions on how to field dress and butcher your own small game animals for a variety of preparations
– techniques and recipes for both indoor and outdoor wild game cooking
About the Author:
Steven Rinella is an outdoorsman, writer, wild foods enthusiast, and television and podcast personality who is a passionate advocate for conservation and the protection of public lands. The host of the television show and podcast MeatEater, his most recent book is the New York Times bestseller The MeatEater Guide to Wilderness Skills and Survival. His writing has appeared in many publications, including Outside, Field & Stream, and The New Yorker. Rinella lives in Bozeman, Montana, with his wife and their three kids.
Will Primos’ Favorite Turkey Call – The Excited Cackle
Own this book? See if Mybookcart is buying The Complete Guide to Hunting, Butchering, and Cooking Wild Game, Volume 2. Sell your book for cash.