On the College Talks & More podcast, we have had many, many amazing guests on our show. Here is a list of our guests and their schools, businesses, websites, and any other interesting information we have for them.
- Brian Taylor – Managing director at Ivy Coach. At Ivy Coach, they help students earn admission to their top choice school. For more information, visit Ivycoach.com or call 212-600-0312. For a free consultation, fill out this form. Read or listen to his interview here.
- Hildie Steiner – Owner of High Five College Prep. Hildie encourages students to be their authentic self when applying to college. She also specializes in students with special needs and helps them gain acceptance into their choice college. Listen to her interview here.
- John Torres – Executive Director of Bridgeport Caribe Youth Leaders, also known as BCYL. BCYL helps prepare Bridgeport, CT youth for college and life success through sports and educational programs. Read or listen to his interview here.
- David Crow – Author of The Pale-Faced Lie, a book about overcoming an abusive father and the power of forgiveness. Published by Sandra Jonas Publishing. Read or listen to his interview here.
- Dr. B. Hibbs & Dr. Anthony Rostain – Authors of the book The Stressed Years of Their Lives: Helping Your Kid Survive and Thrive During Their College Years, a book about preparing your child for a successful college transition, and what to do if they start to struggle. Published by St. Martin’s Press. Read or listen to their interview here.
- Pete Hardesty – Co-author of the book Adulting 101, a book that teaches and guides young adults about basic life skills. Published by BroadStreet Publishing. Read or listen to his interview here.
- Bill McGarvey – Co-author of the book The Freshman Survival Guide, a book that provides advice on how to survive the critical first year of college. Published by Center Street Publishing. Read or listen to his interview here.
- Jeannie Burlowski – Author of the book Launch: How To Get Your Kids Through College Debt-free and Into Jobs They Love Afterwards, a book about various strategies parents can utilize to decrease the cost of college. Read or listen to her interview here.
- Matt O’Sullivan – Host on The Sully Show. The show was created, developed and stars three military veterans who love to make people laugh. Read or listen to his interview about working in broadcasting here.
- Greg Frisbee – Greg owns and performs his own show The Frisbee Show. He is an entertainer who likes to give comedy entertainment a new spin. Read or listen to his interview about working in entertainment here. To book an event call 415-786-7469.
- Brandy Brown – Owner of the the law student lifestyle blog The Legal Duchess. Brandy shares her experiences on how to get accepted into and succeed in law school. Read or listen to her interview here.
- Brycial Williams – Brycial shares his experiences of getting accepted to, paying for, and going to Northcentral University to obtain a doctoral degree in education. Read or listen to his interview here.
Finding A Job
- Kelly Kennedy – Student development and outreach career development, instructor, and coach at the UConn School of Business. She also works with outside companies who want to recruit UConn talent. Read or listen to her interview here.
- Timothy Kowalski – Timothy is a licensed speech and language pathologist specializing in social pragmatic communication deficits. He is the owner of Professional Communication Services, Inc. He offers guidance to parents whose children may have speech or language disorders. Read or listen to his interview here.
Paying For College
- Mike Lynch – Financial planner at Barnum Financial Group. Michael assists individuals by helping them save and invest for a college education. He also specializes in financial planning for families with special needs children. Listen to his interview here.
- Robert Farrington – Owner of the college finance blog The College Investor. Robert provides advice to parents and students on being smart when financing your college education. Read or listen to his interview here.